Meeting Follow Up: Thank you to all our attendees and to Kaz Takeda, the Disney cast, and IIE volunteers. The presentation had a history of Disney, several examples of what IE’s do in different business functions along with case studies. We ended the meeting with chapter news, raffle prizes, Disney mementos and with a backstage Disney tour given by Kaz and his cast.
UPDATE: Registration is now closed as of 9/28. Thank you to all who registered.
When: Thursday, Oct, 4th, 2012, 6-8 pm
Where: Disneyland Resort, Anaheim CA (see map, registration criteria and meeting guidelines below)
The groundbreaking Disney park has welcomed more than 500 million guests from all corners of the globe and continues to introduce new forms of entertainment and technology that fulfills Walt Disney’s vision that “Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world.” Come and join us:
1 Presentation “What IE’s do at Disney” : 6:00 to 7:15 pm
By Kaz Takeda, Industrial Engineer Mgr., IIE Fellow
This presentation reveals the application of Industrial Engineering in the the theme park entertainment industry.
2 Chapter Announcements and Networking: 7:15 to 8:00 pm
Reach out to Industrial Engineering Professionals from Local Industries such us: Boeing, Edwards LifeSciences, Disney, Barksdale etc., from Academia; USC and Calpoly, from IE Consulting Companies, IE Students, other Productivity and Quality Improvement Professionals
RAFFLE PRIZE at the end of the meeting!
>> More details
After registration, all guests must be pre-cleared to Disney standards. Due to strict security, no walk-up guests are accepted. See guidelines below
‘What Industrial Engineers do at Disney’
Presented by Kazuo Takeda, Disneyland Resort Manager of Industrial Engineering, IIE Fellow
Thursday October 4th, 2012 @ 18:00 – 20:00
Registration Criteria and Meeting Guidelines:
- Active member of an IIE Chapter as confirmed by http://www.iienet2.org/MemberDirectory.aspx
- Dress code: Business casual. No shorts or T-shirts. Must wear close toed shoes.
- No recording (photography or other) of any kind in non-public area’s
- Adults only (age 18+)
- Photo ID required with name that matches your registration submission (security requirement)
Other event notes:
- Only confirmed Guests that have received confirmation notice from the IIE LA Chapter will be admitted.
- All confirmed Guests must meet registration criteria. Confirmed Guests that are not able to provide photo ID that matches name, are under 18 years of age, do not meet code, etc. will be declined admittance at the security check point.
- Sorry, no walk-ups can be supported for this event.
- Seating is limited and expected to max out. Early registration is recommended.
- Submission of registration does not guarantee admission, only Guests with confirmation emails will be accepted.
- Those arriving after 18:10 may be subject to being turned away due to logistics of event. It is suggested that you plan to arrive early (after 17:00).
- Event may extend beyond 20:00
- Subject to change or be cancelled without advance notice based on dynamics of the event location.
- This event is being held at the Disneyland Resort, Team Disney Anaheim facility
- DO NOT park in the Disneyland Resort general Guest Theme Park parking location
- Parking for this event is provided at the Team Disney Anaheim facility located at 700 W. Ball Road (see map below)
- Car pooling is encouraged
- Depending are your arrival, the multi level parking garage located across from our open area parking can be used if the security gate are has been raised. Those using the parking structure are advised to park on the 2nd floor or above.
- RSVP’s meeting criteria submitted prior to 9/19: $20
- From 9/20 – 9/28: $25
- Registration closes at end of day: 9/28