The Los Angeles APICS Chapter and IIE Los Angeles Chapter invite you to our final event of 2011 at the Los Angeles Times printing plant in downtown Los Angeles. This exciting event takes place on Thursday, November 17, 2011 from 2:15 to 4:30 p.m. Free parking is available!
We look forward to seeing you as we learn about the Times’ cutting edge supply chain operation and its integral contribution to how our means of communication have evolved over time.
Key features of this tour:
- The building holds the largest inventory of newsprint on the West Coast
- Building is the size of a football field and 50′ high
- There’s a rail spur that goes directly into the plant
- Presses are 4 stories tall and produce 10 newspapers per second
- One-half million gallons of ink and 1 million plates used each year
- Advanced robotics deployed throughout the plant
- The packaging system stacks papers onto pallets and delivers the pallets directly to delivery trucks
Funds from this plant tour will be used to support the 2012 APICS Southwest District Student Case Competition.
Date: November 17, 2011
Tour Registration: 2:15 pm
Plant Tour: 2:45-3:45 pm
Networking Session: 3:45-4:30 pm
2000 E. 8th Street (near 8th and Alameda), Los Angeles, CA (map)
Parking: Free on site!
Register and prepay on the Los Angeles APICS website.
Register for this exciting event on their new website! APICS Los Angeles Chapter is proud to announce the creation of our new, updated APICS-compliant Los Angeles Chapter website.