The following is provided as a service to our members. Please see contact details at the bottom to contact the recruiter if interested.
Our client is a progressive and growth oriented Third Party Logistics provider. The client has established an aggressive strategic plan to continue to capture additional market share. As a result, they’re seeking aggressive distribution/transportation/logistics operations executives.
Greater Los Angeles
Direct operations of one or more facilities; maintain maximum operational efficiency for the building incorporating continuous improvement into every department. Customer satisfaction will be derived from constant communication, entertainment and responsiveness to their needs. Pristine inventory control, on-time receiving and shipping are the foundation for a stable, accurate facility.
- Oversee intensive multi-client warehouse/distribution operation including the management team
- Ensure optimal utilization of warehouse management systems – PkMS.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of accuracy (99.5%) on all outbound shipments in order to avoid claims.
- Must be able to operate in an efficient/cost conscious manner so that all budgeted objectives are achieved.
- Oversee the supply inventory for all customers in the building and the janitorial supplies required to keep the facility sanitary.
- Manage the facilities housekeeping program to ensure all areas are continuously free of all debris.
- Create and maintain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring.
- Market development planning and customer interaction.
- Plan and monitor daily labor needs based on immediate and forecasted sales revenue
- Tour ready appearance for all facilities at all times
- Manage financial budget in all areas of controllable expenses
- Review daily departmental goals, accomplishments and potential problems
- Communicate with all accounts via staff or directly to ensure stable and consistent communication
- Establish and maintain a building safety/security plan that meets all building standards
- Monitor yard activity, trailer aging and avoid potential detention/demurrage charges by reviewing daily yard checks
- Create and maintain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring
- Adherence to all management by objectives
- Bachelors degree, preferably in logistics or related field
- 7+ years operations experience, specifically receiving, put-away, pick & pack, and shipping.
- Experience in working in a multiple client and/or multiple facility operation.
- Experience managing at least 50 non-exempt associates
- Must have extensive experience in WMS, specifically PkMS, and preferred TMS and YMS experience.
- Development and management of profit and loss statements.
- Success with developing revenues in a specific geographic market.
- Proficient in evaluating drayage and warehouse operational matrix.
- Experience managing at least 50 non-exempt associates reporting directly to this position.
- $80,000 – $180,000
- Executive benefits package
- Aggressive bonus program
- Potential Relocation Assistance
The Everest Group has been retained to recruit executive positions: Director / Senior Managers of Operations. Please send resumes to Dennis Teschlerat DTeschler@theeverestgrp.com or forward this information to any of your colleagues that may be interested.
The Everest Group
Ph 626 963 4503