Job Title: Engineer II, Industrial
The Lean Industrial Engineer will work with key business partners to drive value improvement guided by lean principles in the production and/or office environment in order to support business strategy and priorities.
• Champion, mentor and coach the Production Unit core teams in the use of the Lean and Production Essentials including key tools and concepts such as Work Content Graphs, Flow/Pull, Visual Management, 5S, and Standard Work.
• Perform time studies, capacity analysis, line balancing and VSM
• Perform financial analysis for capital equipment purchases and Value Improvement Projects
• Lead and coach cross functional problem solving and process improvement teams.
• Coordinate and lead Kaizen events and facility layout projects across the Production Units.
• Identify and drive Production Unit wide, cross-functional site and/or divisional projects.
• Create and update labor standards per policy.
• Develop and conduct Lean and/or Lean Business Process training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
• Work across plant network and/or divisions to develop and/or refine Essentials series.
• Mentor co-ops, interns or other team members.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Industrial Engineering) with 2+ years of experience related to Lean, Continuous Improvement, Process Optimization or Problem Solving Activities in a production and/or office environment.
• Or Master’s Degree with specialization, internships or project work in Lean, Continuous Improvement, Process Optimization or Problem Solving in a production and/or office environment.
• Trained in Six Sigma, Lean, and Continuous Improvement, Process Optimization and/or Problem Solving methodology (mandatory).
• Lean Champion/Sensei, Shingo, or Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
• Supply chain and packaging experience
• Highly Skilled with Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD , Simulation and ERP systems
Send your resume to Lucille.Asare@bsci.com