Process Engineering position at Office Depot supporting Signal Hill, CA; Fremont, CA; Phoenix, AZ.
The purpose of this position is to deliver process engineering capabilities to the distribution and cross dock operations that make up Office Depot’s internal NA Supply Chain Network. This position is responsible for delivering fundamentally sound engineering solutions within and across the process paths of receiving, replenishment, inventory (storage) and outbound.
- Establish current state capabilities of individual work processes
- Create work standards to support costing and productivity measurements
- Advance alternative engineered process improvement solutions focused around achievement of flow based production goals.
- Develop economic justifications supporting process improvements and/or new process introductions
- Lead productivity and efficiency initiatives that will lead to improvements in facility expense structure.
- Proactively communicate with facility level operations managers, maintenance technicians and production associates regarding:
- Demonstrated process capabilities
- Recurring process variations
- Opportunities for process improvement
- Lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams in order to identify sources of waste and implement changes.
- Manage physical equipment layout
- Plan preventative maintenance schedules
- Lead documentation control efforts of standard operating procedures and preventative maintenance routines.
- Lead the establishment of best practices across the Distribution network, maintain documentation of best practices, administer its execution
This position is an individual contributor role and will report directly to the Director, Process Engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelors degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of high volume manufacturing or warehouse & distribution experience
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated self-starter capable of excelling in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Demonstrated fundamental engineering knowledge
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophy
- Working knowledge of Plan-Do-Check-Act problem solving methodology
- Ability to communicate ideas/solutions using well organized, comprehensible written reports, group presentations, and one-one-one interactions
- Advanced user of AutoCAD, MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Contact Donna.Servais@officedepot.com with your resume noting that this was referred to you by the IIE Los Angeles Chapter