Our March 2012 chapter meeting was a great success with good turn out, great speakers and an interesting look inside Baxter. Thanks to everyone who attended!
Download the presentations here:
Current & Future IE Career Paths, IE Consultancy Market in a Changing Economy & Tips on Job Search Strategies
Special thanks go out to Andrea J. Kendall and Cara Eichorn for the valuable LinkedIn presentation!
- It was a good attendance,18 total including the guest speaker
- We discussed IE career paths; things members will encounter in the future… how they can cross over paths, new industries and new companies requiring IE’s and …. things IIE HQ and Faculty need to review to anticipate the expansion of the IIE profession.
- Our guest speaker Cara Eichorn on how to use LinkedIn for job searching
- We discussed the IE Consulting market how it brings opportunity in a changing economy
- Raffle prizes included “The Work Simplification Book” and several gift cards
- We announced a job opening for Mgr of Operations with IE background and Internship Positions at Edwards Life Sciences in Irvine (two candidates attended the meeting)
Not shown in the photo…Cara Eichorn (our guest speaker), Nin Hajaty, and Jeff Lombardi)
Let’s thank Norm Apostol our Meeting Host/Tour Guide, Jose Avila our Director of Events for coordinating the event!