THIS OPPORTUNITY IS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY IN THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENT – Supply Chain Engineering
Location: Los Angeles Area
This position reports to the Manager of Supply Chain Engineering and is responsible for maintaining engineered standards in the distribution centers. This position develops and facilitates continuous process improvement within the supply chain to achieve target levels of customer service, ROI, sales volume, profitability, and productivity, specifically, but not limited to, the areas of Distribution, Transportation, and Store Operations. This includes the identification of problems through analysis, creating sustainable solutions, and collaborating with key decision makers on supply chain strategies. Areas of concentration include channel strategy, supply chain metrics, and inventory management strategy and execution.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in an engineering discipline (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) is required with a minimum of 2-5 years directly related prior experience in logistics, supply chain management, or store engineering
Prior experience in warehousing, inventory, order fulfillment, customer service, transportation, and distribution center operations/processes are also required. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Main resource for knowledge of Engineered Standards for two distribution centers. In charge of maintaining up to date engineered standards. Extracts data from various systems and databases using various tools to analyze operational data. Identify opportunities for improvement using tools such as SQL, database tools, spreadsheets, internal report portal, etc.
· Analyzes and Summarizes data as needed and put into appropriate format for use in Supply Chain projects (spreadsheet, database, report, presentation, Labor management systems, etc.).
· Partners with Transportation, Distribution, Engineering, and Replenishment Buying leadership to understand the scope of projects, prepare data, present updates, and participate in ongoing projects.
· Performs essential functions that support the labor management system.
· Supports development and maintenance of supply chain budgeting and performance analysis tools (budgets, portal scorecard, LE, etc.).
· Understands and maintains working knowledge of unique systems within Supply Chain (Aldata GOLD Suite, Red Prairie, Direct Route, Optricity, Supply, Chain Guru, internal Databases, etc.) so as to facilitate data retrieval, analysis, and reporting.
· Ability to learn interaction between systems to quickly gather data from different sources and perform analysis.
· Must be technically apt, and computer savvy.
· Serve as an internal knowledge base for Labor Management system, will eventually become one of the “Super users” of the Red Prairie Labor Management system.
· Responsible for carrying out company policies, rules and procedures.
· Responsible for maintaining various elements in Labor management system.
· Responsible for leading Lean A3’s including statistical analysis.
· Responsible for data analysis related to Promo planning.
· Responsible for developing KPI’s and other tools that lead to improved DC processes and results.
· Strategic planning for the purpose of growth – 5 year plan and longer term growth.
· Conduct strategic and tactical analyses specific to the operations at the distribution center.
· Create and maintain engineered standards in one more Distribution Centers within the Smart & Final Logistics Network and provide best documentation, as needed.
· Project manage DC efficiency initiatives, which may include.
· Minimize shrink, loss and damage.
· Increasing inventory turns and reducing on hand quantities.
· Facility and product layout utilization.
· Project manage several Supply Chain initiatives, which may include.
· Updating the 5 year Distribution and Transportation plans.
· Reducing ordering and acquisition cycles, assessing full DC inventory for direct shipments.
· Reducing inventory and administrative costs.
· Recommend changes to policies and guidelines to enhance Supply Chain objectives and support continuous improvement.
· Identify, elevate, and manage operational excellence projects as defined by the project’s return on investment and net present value while maintaining key service level indicators (Quality, Accuracy, On-Time Metrics).
· Train management and supervisors on new and improved methods, as they apply to their routine jobs and responsibilities.
· Manage multiple project assignments and timeliness as directed.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
· Extensive experience with the functions of a PC in a Windows related Operating System.
· Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel (macros, modeling, and data management), and PowerPoint.
· Advanced Microsoft Access (database creation, tables, forms, queries, reports, macros).
· Must have intermediate skills working SQL and/or other database languages.
· Prior project management experience is required.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
SF Internal Application_Oct2015